“Houston, we do not have a problem.” A catchy, reverse cliché and phrase familiar to most humans that inhabit planet Earth and follow space travel and mankind’s ongoing quest for new horizons. Also, the message that is received from the stars when things are going in a positive direction.
Houston, TX; of course being where rockets are launched to the stars; and brave men and women step out of man made vehicles onto worlds unknown. Well, at MILANO411; we don’t wish to be “Jones-ing” like so many other sites and just do stories for our Muscle Column on oiled up pecs with no heart nor substance. Let’s face it, Houston Jones is, like a rocket; he is going to and will be a STAR on the world of fitness and doing something else besides being another muscle model running around in tight fitting clothes that populate the Internet these days. Something big, like space itself. For those who live in Red-State America; the “interweb.” Sorry for that jab, but Houston is “no joke.” He is a Super-Bro who has very charming personality to go with the looks and a brain full of knowledge on all things muscle. Also, a remarkable “down-to-Earth” personality to go with the beefcake too.
This charm is further enhanced by a playful exuberance that makes viewers to what to watch more and grow with him. He pulls “no punches,” but again, using a casual style, make you feel like his best friend and BRO. He pushes buttons to make you laugh and not to create controversy and the usual arguments du jour (soup of the day) fights that muscle guys have on YouTube. Which make them look immature, and very unappealing to we ladies. Houston has GQ looks to go with his heart of gold and those who like American, college style humor; pepper farts and paintballs too. To see firsthand, checkout this:
Regardless, Houston Jones, to us and his large following (60,000 plus) is no laughing matter and there is no problem that we can see with someone who has jumped onto the YouTube fitness world with enthusiasm, class, a lot of humor, and a sexy mug too. Making a cross between a Marlon Brando sexy frown and the face of Popeye the Sailor; Houston is able to act like a college frat boy (hot pepper video, with possible co-star farts); and at the same time look like a Calvin Klein model with the heart of a boy scout. You know the face guys. The parents go on vacation and say “no parties.” The next thing you see is Houston Jones sliding in white socks.
- Why do you love bodybuilding?I love bodybuilding because for me, it’s a never ending journey. I love the dedication it takes to build an impressive physique and see it as one of the few things money can’t buy. Bodybuilding has also greatly helped me with my mental health and developed me into a better person. I could really go on all day about why I love it!
- Why did you start your YouTube channel? What are you saying or doing that other guys aren’t doing? (The Hater’s Question: Why should I watch you?)YouTube is something I wanted to do for years, but for the longest time I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to make a channel about. As fitness became more and more important in my life and as my social media accounts grew I saw YouTube as a perfect opportunity to easily answer all the questions I was getting. With my YouTube channel I wanted to combine more aspects of fitness such as martial arts, powerlifting, and bodybuilding; which not many fitness YouTubers currently do at this time. I believe that I can provide a unique perspective as I have many goals when it comes to fitness and have been successful in many areas of those categories. Also, I like to think that I can be somewhat funny especially, when I am in pain. Also see my new series, Paintball vs. Bodybuilder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0yDnr-MU9wThe video was inspired by my friends and I trying to think of ideas for my Bodybuilder VS series; I do on my YouTube channel. Someone suggested I get shot at with a paintball gun and we decided to give it a shot. I think the video turned out quite funny, which is a big reason I do the series because I like to entertain and make people laugh.
- For the novices out there and the ladies too, what is a “fake natty,” and why did you choose to do a video on it and comment about the topic?A “fake natty” is someone who claims to be a natural athlete/bodybuilder but actually uses steroids and lies about it. I decided to make a video series on the topic because I think it has gotten far too out of hand. I feel as though it has gotten to a point where people are calling anyone a “fake natty” if they do anything impressive at all. As a natural athlete, I’m seeking to show a natural person can be impressive. The series will document my progress, as I diet down and loose body fat while maintaining most of my strength. If all goes well, I am hoping to prove that not everyone who is physically impressive is a steroid user and show that hard work, dedication, a great diet and most importantly time can get you great results.
- What is your favorite style of clothes to wear?I prefer a mixture of styles such as a fashion forward, casual, and a more classical look.
- Favorite menswear designers?I wouldn’t say that I have a “favorite” but I do enjoy Calvin Klein, Armani, and more recently clothes from Five Four Club. I’m starting to like Under Armour too.
- Single, married, celibate, looking for a woman, or mystery meat?Single and interested in women.
- Do you have plans to become MMA?I help teach amateur MMA fighters but I currently have no plans to compete in MMA myself. However, I still plan to be competing in BJJ (Brazilian Jujitsu) which I have competed at a very high level in the past at. I have also gotten the opportunity to train with an eight time BJJ world champion and undefeated UFC fighter Robert Drysdale. You can see one of my more recent matches and my trip to train with Robert Drysdale on my YouTube channel.
To see, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWBhLyueeE
- Best exercises in your opinion to grow?The best exercises to grow are the heavy compound movements such as the bench, squat and deadlift. These excises work multiple muscle groups at a time and are very important when it comes to building an impressive physique. I feel like too many people focus on exercises such as curls, or tricep extensions and don’t spend enough time at getting stronger in their heavy compound movements.
- Best exercises to get rid of “man-boobs” or “moobies?”While bench pressing can be great in getting rid of “man boobs” due to building the size of your chest, diet is going to be far more important. The biggest key is losing enough body fat and that means you need to learn how to diet effectively. I would recommend following a flexible dieting approach which I have made a detailed video on my YouTube channel about.
Click here for details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jetNrFj0M8c
- What do you listen too when you’re working out?I love to listen to a variety of music such as Rock, Metal, Rap, Trap, and Dubstep. It mostly depends on what I am feeling like, that day, when I walk into the gym. For example, if I am about to deadlift 600+ pounds; I like to listen to something more upbeat that will pump me up.
- Why do you think the physique competitions use the long shorts over the traditional BB posing trunks? Do you have a preference?I think physique competitions use the board shorts over traditional bodybuilding trunks because they want the two categories to be different and be easy to distinguish between the two. The way it is now, physique athletes go for a more classical/aesthetic look where in bodybuilding being as huge as possible seems to be highly promoted. Personally I wish the physique shorts were just little bit shorter and showed a little of the legs off, but I am a little biased because I have large legs and want to show them off on stage.
- Goals for 2016 and 2017.My goals for 2016 and 2017 is to keep striving to be the best possible whether that be in the gym, competitions or in life in general. My outreach on social media has really taken off in the last year and I hope I can keep the momentum going in the following years. I also want to become a certified personal trainer after I finish my college degree.
PUBLISHER’S NOTE: Thanks Houston for stopping by the site and giving us The 411 on what your about and your goals. Big hugs from Milano and we look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Hey everyone, MILANO411 is proud to announce that Houston Jones is a promo model for our company. If you’re a muscular guy who has a great body, face, and attitude and want to get cool FREE stuff; please send in photos and all social media links to Gianni Russo at: info@MILANO411.COM
**Put Promo Modeling in the Subject line. We’ll get back to you. All e-mails are answered. (Except for the weird ones – smile.). We’ll either do a story on you or make a promo model.